Prep Time: 20 Min Cook Time: 9
Min Total Time: 30 Min
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups almond flour/meal
- 1/2 cup pecan flour/meal (simply grind fresh pecans in a blender or food processor to make flour)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 25 pecans, raw and unsalted
- FOR THE CARAMEL SAUCE: In a small saucepan medium heat, combine coconut milk, coconut sugar and cane sugar.
- Bring to simmer and stir constantly. Once mixture begins to boil, add in vanilla extract and salt, continuing to stir.
- Cook caramel sauce roughly 4-5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, pour into a glass bowl and let cool.
- FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH: Preheat oven to 375F. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, pecan flour, coconut flour, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil with honey and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and stir together until a dough starts to form.
- Add in 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce to the dough. This is when the dough will start to come together. Stir until well combine.
- TO MAKE COOKIES: Using your hands, grab roughly 1 tbsp of dough, roll into a ball and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving about 2 inches apart between each cookie.
- VERY slightly, flatten the cookies, and using your finger, poke a hole into the cookie (DO not poke all the way through).
- Pour caramel sauce into the hole and top with a pecan. Continue this process until all cookies are complete.
- Bake in the oven for 9 minutes at 375F.
- Remove and let cool.