Tuscan Vegetable Stew
This is one of my favorite detoxing recipes for the fall. Warming veggie Tuscan style stew with mushrooms, squash and beans that you can easily customize to suit your family's food preferences and intolerances. This recipe is a part of my 5-Day Fall Detox for Beginners Program and is filled with gut healing ingredients.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 TB olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms, wiped clean, tip of foot cut off and cut in quarters
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar or can diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 4-6 C organic vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 small bunch escarole or lacinato kale, washed, dried and cut into thin strips
- 1 sprig fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried
- 2 (14-oz) cans white kidney beans/navy beans/cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat a large pot to medium high. Add olive oil and onion and cook until onion is fragrant, 4-5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms and sauté for 10 minutes. Add garlic cloves and stir for about a minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth and oregano. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and then simmer for 15 minutes. Gently stir the beans and escarole/kale into soup and cook for another 5 minutes or until beans are heated through and greens are wilted. Serve with freshly ground pepper on top.
Jessica is an Integrative Health Practitioner, Health Coach and Detox Specialist. You can find more information about her and her programs at www.jessicagreenwellness.com.
Also in Blog
How many of you have given up on your resolutions yet? Most of you? Well, statistics indicate that would be the case. NO SHAME!
In this second part of making Healthful Habits Stick, I’m going to talk you through some of the “make it stick” strategies you can start using right now to get re-inspired and get back on track toward the changes you desire in your life.